Sunday, August 24, 2008

Top 10 Places I've (Recently) Wished I Had a Point & Shoot Camera

Here, they are, in no particular order, the top 10 reasons I wish I had a point and shoot camera. There is the assumption that I would carry it with me at (almost) all times as opposed to the the giant (expensive) SLR that I have to make a huge commitment to carry.

1. My niece's soccer game where she started (as a freshman) and made her FIRST GOAL!!!!
2. Slate Run visit two weeks ago with my three, my s-i-l and her three
3. The pond (every time we go)
4. A-HA children's museum where all three kids had a ball and had many great photo opps
5. Mother-Daughter retreat with Muffin a few weeks ago
6. Busch Gardens on our vacation in June
7. The grocery store -when all three kids were on or in 1 cart and I pulled the other with the food.
8. The grocery store - when I realized that Doodle could push one of those small carts (at Meijers) with the light food (chips, bread) and I could push Mator with the heavier stuff. Doodle was such a huge help, even helping put the groceries on the belt for me!
9. Yacht Club for more swimming pics with cousins
10. All those ordinary moments when we are out and I think, am I ever going to remember all this even happened?

So why don't I get one? Well, to be honest, I'm a little picky. Really, I know it's hard to believe. But I want a really NICE point and shoot that will probably run close to $300. And right now we have made it a priority to pay off our minivan loan. Plus we also need a new video camera since ours in now 8 years old and shooting in VHS. And there's always that pool I've been dreaming of...

1 comment:

WINENINA said...

Fabulous Janis!!! I admire your writing skills as well as your photography skills. I knew I married into the right family and adopted a sister like you. Andrea