Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pond Paradise

We are super blessed to have year round fun in the form of our pond across the street (well, it's technically my dad's pond, but he shares!) In the winter we skate on it, spring sends us looking for tadpoles and baby turtles and most of the year we can go out on the canoe or pedal boat for lots of fun. But the best part, according to the kids, is summer time swimming.

Each year it seems there is a new, exciting addition. This year, my brother Frank added a dock to the "deep end" making it possible to dive into the almost 15 foot deep section.

Here are Doodle, Muffin and Mator "surfing" near the island. Doodle was even able to stand for a couple seconds without Daddy's help!
Justine is diving off the new dock.Doodle began to make a"mudslide" next to the new dock and then everyone else helped too. It was very slick but bumpy on the tush!
Here's Frank and Wilson in the canoe.
Muffin is jumping off the dock.
I love this shot. It shows 5 of the 8 grandkids- Jared (doing a pencil off the dock) Doodle, Muffin, Elle and Justine. Then my dad is in the background, surveying his progeny. In the far background is our house. It looks really close thanks to the magic of aperture but it takes about 6 or 7 minutes to walk across the street and get home.
And finally, despite my better judgment, I present me-my first day in the pond (and only time so far). On a hot day, this is the life!

1 comment:

A Musing Mother said...

I didn't receive the invite. I'd be right with you in your flotation device and my mom swimming suit.

That looks an awful lot like a blast.