Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fabulous and 36!

I had a dream birthday last Sunday. It started with being a tad late for church. Now, this is not ideal but I had to print some things to distribute and was a few minutes late for Sunday school. Andy had taken the girls at our regular time and they were already safely perched in their classes. While I was driving to church, Doodle notified her teacher (one of our deacons) that it was my birthday. He took Doodle and her friend on a search for me! He visited every sunday school class informing them that it was my birthday. Needless to say, by the time I arrived, I was greeted with many birthday wishes!

After church I took the girls to visit my father in law in the hospital who is now recovering nicely at home. Andy had a meeting after church. We had a really nice visit as he was feeling much better and the girls were so well behaved.

In the evening, my wonderful husband had managed to independently organize a nice birthday party. Most amazingly, he was able to get the National Football league to play their annual championship game on my birthday-thus allowing the entire country to celebrate my birthday! I enjoyed the great company of my family and the great foods that always includes. Andy even insisted on cleaning the whole place by himself after the party. What a dude!

Here are a couple pictures from the festivities!

1 comment:

Vanessa and Shane said...

Happy Birthday! I just wanted to respond to your pizza dough question and thought, hey, I'll post a comment on YOUR blog!
Glad to hear the dough worked out...I have tried it several times since that post, and it just keeps getting better. I've made pizza dough with whole wheat, and the taste is a little strong. I'd half it and it would still taste good and be healthier. I also have a FABULOUS recipe for oatmeal pizza dough...very nutritious and good taste. I will post anon.
Have a good week!